WORKSHOP LEARNING OBJECTIVES
1. Participants will identify legal and mental health concepts in immigration evaluations.
2. Participants will identify five immigration evaluation types and describe one assessment used
to assess psychological functioning for each type of evaluation.
3. Participants will be able to explain the difference between advocacy and presenting clinical
data and demonstrate how this informs report writing and court testimony for immigration
4. Participants will explain trauma-informed assessment and interviewing skills and apply these
concepts to a case.
5. Participants will identify two areas for further skill development related to conducting mental
health evaluations for immigration purposes.